North Walsham, in deepest rural Norfolk.
Originally the company activities focused on Signal Acquisition and Instrumentation equipment, with a specialist niche in vibration analysis and FFT techniques. Our markets at that time included automotive, military (helicopter), heavy engineering and railway sectors. These led to frequency analysis tools, which in turn led to RF spectrum analyzers.
In 1993, the potential demand for RF spectrum analyzers. in the measurement of EMC emissions was identified as a growth area and by 1995, this activity was the largest contributor of the company turnover. Since that time, substantial R & D investment has been devoted to maintaining a product range that has become a market leader in the global EMC market and accounts for 90% of the company sales. Major developments include the innovative LaplaCell test cells, a compact and efficient form of GTEM cell for emissions measurement and immunity testing. Other unique advances in the field include probably the most powerful PC Windows software application for EMC testing that is currently available anywhere.
In addition to our test equipment range, we offer training courses. These are specifically designed for manufacturers and others who need a pragmatic and effective approach to the EMC testing of products.
In addition, other product developments have tracked the introduction of other EU Directives, particularly that of the Physical Agents Directive (Vibration), for which we were granted a UK Smart Award for innovative product research. This has led to a unique system for monitoring hand/arm vibration in the workplace as experienced by operatives using hand held machinery. This significant technology is now licensed world-wide.
Plans for the future include further product developments to supplement the EMC test equipment range and a commitment to improvements in performance and cost effectiveness so that our global presence in the EMC market is reinforced and increased.
YouTube Instructional Video Links:
Laplace Product Line
Laplace Instruments Products
• Antennas for EMC Testing
· · RF200 Broadband EMC Log Periodic Antenna
· · RF230 Broadband EMC Log Periodic Antenna
· · RF300 Large Loop Antenna
· · CDN - Coupler-Decoupler Networks
· · Current CDNs for Screened Cable
· · Current CDNs for Unscreened Cable
· · High Current Coupler Decoupler Network - S46M5 9
• CLIENTS (Combined Laplace Immunity & EmissioNs Test System)
• Conducted Immunity Test Solutions - IEC6100 4 6
Reliant EMC Product Lines
· Cells and Chambers
· Current Generators
· EMC Antennas
· EMC Emission Testing
· EMC Immunity Testing
· EMC Signal Generators
· EMC Software
· EMC/EMI Filters
· Linear AC/DC Power Amplifiers
· Linear AC/DC Power Supply
· Waveform Generator/Simulator
· Application Notes & Downloads
· DANA - AC/DC Linear Power Supplies
· EMCIS - Filter Design Products
· EMC PIONEER - Ferrites, PCB & System EMI Filters
· EMC Test Design - Field Probes
· Frankonia - Anechoic Chambers & RF-Shielded Rooms
· HILO-TEST - Immunity Test Systems
· IntrX - High Power LISN's
· Laplace - Emission & Immunity Testing
· OnFILTER - EMI Filters
· PMI – RF Power Amplifiers
· Preen – Switched AC/DC Power Supplies
· Sanwood - Environmental Test Chambers
· Schlöder - EMC Test and Measurement Systems