EUROFINS YORK PRODUCTS
• Comb Generator Emitter (CGE01)
• Comb Generator Emitter (CGE05)
• Comb Generator Emitter (CGE06)
Comparison Noise Generators
• Comparison Noise Emitter V (CNE V)
• Comparison Noise Emitter V+ (CNE V+)
• Comparison Noise Emitter VI (CNE VI)
Harmonic and Flicker Generator
• Harmonic and Flicker Generator (HFG01KIT01)
• Harmonic and Flicker Generator (HFG02KIT01)
York Reference Sources (YRS)
• York Reference Source (YRS01) Kits 01 & 02
• York Reference Source (YRS02) Kits 01 and 02
• York Reference Source (YRS03) Kits 01 and 02
• York Reference Source YRS Combination Kit
Eurofins York Data Sheets
Eurofins York Product List
RELIANT EMC PRODUCT LINES
Request a Quote / Contact Us!
EUROFINS YORK - Comparison Noise Emitter - CNE V+
A low cost solution for those needing a high quality noise source. The CNE V+ offers continuous radiated and conducted outputs up to 3.5GHz in a physically small package.
- Continuous, broadband output
– Full spectrum measurements and analysis
– Repeatable measurements
Conducted and radiated output options
– Evaluation of both conducted and radiated systems
9 kHz to 3.5 GHz output
– Applications across a broad frequency spectrum
Compact and Portable
– Comparisons between sites and environments
– No power or interconnecting cable effects on measurements
– Affordable confidence in measurement system results
The CNE V+ is a broadband noise source which provides continuous output power from 9kHz to 3.5GHz. The broadband nature of the output enables the observation of details within the spectrum which would be missed with a comb generator.
For radiated operation Eurofins York offers two monopole antennas and one monocone antenna, optimized for different bands of the spectrum, which attach to the top of the unit. The CNE V+ is an ideal source for carrying out checks on open area test sites (OATS) and anechoic chambers.
The CNE V+ is battery powered to allow operation as an electrically small source which minimizes the effect of the structure of the CNE V+ itself when characterizing the electromagnetic environment.
The CNE V+ is housed in a metal box so that it can be mounted in direct contact with a metal ground plane as may be required by some tests.
The power output level of the unit avoids the overloads possible with impulsive noise sources which may cause damage to the sensitive input circuits of receiving equipment.
In the same way that using the CNE V+ with an antenna can be used to check radiated measurement systems, an N-type connector provides a direct 50Ω matched output which can be used to carry out checks on conducted measurement systems. An adapter is available (LSA02) which provides a capacitive link from the output of the CNE to a standard IEC 320 mains power connector. This allows checks and investigations on conducted measurement systems to be made, for example using a LISN or an absorbing clamp.
- – Comparisons between different measurement environments such as OATS or anechoic chambers
- – Radiated and conducted measurement systems validation and verification.
- – Reference source for:
- – Daily pre-test checks as required by the accreditation authorities, eg ISO17025
- – Long-term performance monitoring
- – Cable position investigation
- – Investigation of screened room behavior
- – Characterization of filter performance
- – Cable loss measurements
- – Spectrum analyzer / receiver pre-check
|Direct connection||9kHz to 3.5GHz into a 50Ω system|
|Radiated||30MHz to 3.5GHz, using TLM01, TLM02 and MCN01 antennas|
|Output connector||50Ω N-type socket|
|15°C to 30°C||<±1dB 9 kHz to 3.5GHz|
|5°C to 40°C||<±2dB 9 kHz to 3.5GHz|
|Time stability||Typically <1dB over a 12 month period|
|Dimensions||120mm × 120mm × 41mm excluding antenna|
|Weight||0.53kg (excluding battery)|
|Power supply||1 × 9V battery (PP3 or equivalent). Alkaline or rechargeable|
|Operating time||5 hours typical with alkaline cells|
|Green LED||Power on|
|Red LED||Battery low|
SATNDARD ORDER KITS
|Part #||Description||Parts Included|
|CNEVKIT03||Standard CNE V+ comparison continuous noise emitter kit with antenna||
|CNEVKIT04||Enhanced CNE V+ comparison noise emitter kit with multiple antennas and LISN adapter||
|Antenna||TLM02||30MHz to 300MHz (optimum) 290mm long top-loaded monopole|
|Antenna||MCN01||1GHz+ (optimum) monocone antenna|
OUTPUT MEASUREMENTS RESULTS
0 to 5GHz power measurement using spectrum analyzer
30MHz to 1GHz horizontal and vertical polarization electric field-strength on OATS using receiver, either 3m or 10m
30MHz to 1GHz horizontal and vertical polarization electric field-strength in FAR using a spectrum analyzer at 3m