KAPTEOS PRODUCT LINE
The Value and Benefits of Electro-optic Technology
• eoSense™ Optic to Electro Converter
• eoProbe™ to measure E-field (EMF)
•• eoCal™ – eoProbe Calibration
•• eoLink™ – 100m Fiber optic extension
•• eoPod™ – eoProbe Articulated Arm and Stand
Kapteos – On-Site Training
• Applications (Target Markets)
• Antennas – Measurement of E-fields Emitted by Antennas• NFACS (Near Field Antenna Characterization Solution)
• 3D NFACS (Near Field Antenna Characterization Solution)
• Vectorial & Characterization of Ultra Compact Antennas
• EMC -Measurement of E-Fields in Electromagnetic Compatibility
• EMP – Time-resolved measurements of Electromagnetic Pulse
• High Temperature – Measurement in High Temperature
• High Voltage – Measurement of E-fields in High Voltage
• Measuring the E-Field around a Laptop
• MRI – Measurement of E-fields inside an MRI
• Plasma – Measurement of E-fields inside Plasma
• SAR – Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) assessment
• Online Software Simulation Tool – Determine Online, before you purchase, the value of the Kapteos Solution!
• FAQ’s – A wealth of Information!
RELIANT EMC PRODUCT LINES
Request a Quote / Contact Us!
KAPTEOS MEASUREMENTS OF E-FIELDS IN HIGH VOLTAGE
MEASUREMENTS OF E-FIELDS IN MEDIUM AND HIGH VOLTAGE
The measurement of electric fields in medium or high voltage is used to detect defects in the electrical transmission system (partial discharges, aging of components like insulation) and also to determine the exposition of people to the electric fields.
The Kapteos eoProbe is nonmetallic and fully insulated, and therefore can be used in these specific conditions.
Example of specific projects:
25kV cable degradation analysis
Electric field mapping of a 25kV insulator with partial discharges analysis
Analysis of partial and total discharges of a medium voltage system
2D E-field mapping on a HV busbar
E-field mapping on 3-phase cable splices at 6.6 kV
Application Note: How to determine the correct insulation for medium and high voltage systems.
To determine the correct insulation in medium and high voltage systems, the electric fields that the insulation will be exposed to must be understood and monitored.
Numerical simulations are quite relevant and accurate, but inefficient when environmental conditions like humidity, dust, ice, pollutions… are taken into account.
An accurate, real world E-field measurement is required to determine the actual behavior of devices under test, sometimes under several tens of kV.
Existing technical electrical measurement approaches
For the analysis or monitoring of power line infrastructure, resistive or capacitive bridges are mainly used.
The drawbacks of using resistive or Capacities bridges are:
• Require much setup time
• Safety issues
Current measurement of human exposure solutions generally utilize a measuring device that utilizes a metal antenna.
The issues are that the metal antenna will:
• Interact and influence the measurement of the E-field
• And these solutions do not provide a rigorous vector electric field
Proposed solution by Kapteos
The Kapteos electro-optic solution presents the best possible measurement system for High Voltage thanks to:
• Non-invasive measurement (no metal parts in the eoProbe)
• A wide frequency range from 30 Hz to several GHz
• A fully insulated probe with fiber optic link to the eoSense Converter
• An operating temperature from 0 to +50°C for the eoProbe
• The vector measurement of the E-field with excellent spatial resolution
• The same Kapteos solution can be used for normal operation and for defects detection (dynamic range greater than 130 dB)
Manufacturers of medium and high voltage systems or components need to ensure correct insulation and component design for:
• Power lines for the transportation of energy
• And many more
Customer advantages of the Kapteos solution
The Kapteos solution enables highly detailed analysis of the raised issues. The customer can therefore accurately understand the situation, at a reduced cost, in order to take actions for improvements or corrections to product design or implementation.
• 25kV cable degradation analysis (SNCF)
• Electric field mapping of a 25kV insulator with partial discharges analysis (UQAC)
• Analysis of partial and total discharges of a medium voltage system (EDF)
• EMC analysis of switch-gear under 25kV AC (Sécheron)